As the official program delivery management provider for Expo 2020 Dubai, Jacobs Mace worked alongside the Expo team to manage the overall program delivery and the master plan for infrastructure and facilities. public spaces from the event to the site’s transition to a people-centric smart city, District 2020. The joint venture has helped Expo manage more than 40 individual projects that take place 24/7, including design management, town planning, procurement services, construction / project management and logistics, in the three Thematic districts, the public domain and the Al Wasl Square master piece.
“We have helped transform the site into a lasting urban legacy, which unites the world to innovate and create meaningful impact for future generations,” said Jacobs vice president. Amer Battikhi. “The Jacobs Mace JV has worked alongside Expo all along, from our work of managing the master plan and delivering the finish plazas and public spaces to our oversight role in building the themed pavilions. worked with Expo to make sure the experience truly inspires visitors and helps them understand their role in creating a more connected and sustainable world. “
Thematic Pavilions, Sustainability (Terra), Mobility (Alif) and Opportunity (Mission Impossible), are designed to inspire meaningful action from people to address some of the world’s most critical challenges and seize emerging opportunities posed by climate change, innovation and technology.
Jacobs Mace’s program of work has helped transform the wilderness into a destination capable of welcoming 300,000 visitors per day, creating an inspiring and entertaining Expo experience. Bringing expertise in consulting and program management, Jacobs Mace worked with all project partners to transform the Expo site, leaving a memorable and lasting legacy for Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
Director of Development and Delivery of Expo 2020 Dubai Ahmed Al Khatib said: “Our partnership with Jacobs Mace has been instrumental in providing not only a venue for the first World’s Fair in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA), but a city with a sustainable and human-centered future. Illustrating our theme, ‘Connect minds, create the future‘, building a development of this scope on a demanding schedule required collaboration, knowledge sharing, innovation and continuous improvement in working practices. Our partners were crucial in helping us complete the project in time for the opening of Expo 2020. ”
Mace Consulting CEO Jason Millett added: “Playing a key role in delivering the Expo 2020 site to Dubai, all infrastructure and public realm has been a unique opportunity. Driven by a vision to change the world with radical innovations and ideas and solutions, Expo 2020 Dubai will bring people together at a time when we need it most. Jacobs Mace is thrilled to have helped turn the vision into reality, bringing our project management expertise, our delivery focus and our innovative management solutions to managing the delivery of this exceptional show since 2014. “
Highlights of the program include:
Smart master plan
- Efficiency delivered through general planning to improve the visitor experience for the duration of the event and minimize the effort and cost of transitioning from the site to the old one. Included smart ways to use passive shading and retractable shade structures instead of more energy-intensive outdoor cooling systems.
- Over 80% of the physical infrastructure will be retained after the event in a sustainable and smart city that promotes a business ecosystem focused on innovation and a balanced lifestyle.
- In a major step towards sustainability, more than 120 buildings at Expo 2020 Dubai have been certified as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the US Green Building Council, which provides a framework for evaluating resource-efficient green buildings. Seven achieve the highest “Platinum” certification, 103 are also LEED Gold, nine are LEED Silver and two are “Certified”.
Sustainable mobility solutions
- Optimize the movement of pedestrians on the site to reduce walking times and facilitate movement between transport nodes and entrances. Minimize the effort and cost required in the conversion between event pedestrian halls and shared pedestrian routes in legacy, a new approach in Dubai.
- The emphasis on value engineering included converting temporary construction roads to more robust permanent roads, saving money and time and improving delivery reliability.
Create a safe opportunity
- Created jobs, skills and opportunities for the community and helped improve the quality of health and safety standards and worker well-being in the region. The joint venture helped Expo develop and implement the ‘Promises’ campaign in collaboration with stakeholders to increase awareness of key behaviors that lead to serious injury and death through tactics such as impact training visual. This included the Expo Worker Welfare app to help empower workers at the Expo site, providing a reporting platform in multiple languages, accessing educational information, and monitoring the worker welfare of about 35,000 workers.
At Jacobs, today we challenge ourselves to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, critical outcomes, operational advancements, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, transforming abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $ 14 billion In revenues and a talent force of approximately 55,000, Jacobs provides a full range of professional services, including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery to government and the private sector. Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
About the mass
Mace is a global company of experts in shaping and manufacturing the built environment. It provides development, consulting, construction and operations services for many of the world’s most inspiring construction and infrastructure projects and programs, from Olympic parks and iconic skyscrapers to data centers, schools, hospitals. and state-of-the-art homes.
The private company, headquartered in London, United Kingdom, has annual sales of £ 1.8 billion. Over 30 years, its growth has been fueled by a spirit of adventure and the relentless pursuit of a better path. Today, the company employs more than 6,000 people in five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, the Americas, sub-Saharan Africa and Asia Pacific.
Mace is driven by his goal of redefining the boundaries of ambition and his vision to pave the way for a more connected, resilient and sustainable world.
Learn more about www.macegroup.com
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Of October 1, 2021 To March 31, 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai brings the world together in a spirit of hope and optimism and with a common goal of solving some of our greatest challenges.
- The Program for People and the Planet provides a global platform for countries, businesses, communities, individuals and future generations to come together to share, learn, engage and inspire to build a better world. Visitors, present in person or virtually, will embark on an immersive journey through the wonders of the natural world, a smarter movement of knowledge and ideas and create opportunities for a better future.
- It presents the greatest innovations, breakthroughs and ideas on the planet, enabling action towards a better world under its theme “Connect minds, create the future. ”
- Expo 2020 offers an endless journey of discovery as more than 200 attendees – including nations, multilateral organizations, businesses and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – harness their collective power to change the world for the better.
- The sub-themes of Expo 2020 Opportunity, Mobility and Durability inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently.
- An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 engages visitors with daily events, showcasing the best of technology, creativity and culture, while food and drink outlets feature a cuisine from all over the world.
- The first universal exhibition to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA), located on a 4.38 square kilometer site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in South Dubai.
- Built with a long-term heritage in mind, the Expo site is an example of innovation in action and will transform into District 2020, a model for the human-centered, smart and sustainable cities of the future, after Expo 2020 closes.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and such statements are intended to be covered by the safe harbor provided therein. Statements made in this press release that are not based on historical fact are forward-looking statements. We base these forward-looking statements on management’s current estimates and expectations, as well as currently available competitive, financial and economic data. Forward-looking statements, however, are inherently uncertain. There are a variety of factors that could cause business results to differ materially from our forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the emergence and the spread of COVID-19 variants, the efficacy and availability of vaccines and treatments, and the related reaction of governments to global and regional market conditions and business operations. For a description of certain additional factors that may arise that could cause actual results to differ from our forward-looking statements, see the discussions in Section 1 – Business; Heading 1A – Risk factors; Section 3 – Legal proceedings; and Item 7 – Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations in our latest Annual Report filed on Form 10-K, as well as other documents filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company has no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this press release to conform with actual results, except as required by applicable law.
For press / media inquiries:
Mass Media Line